Mar 8, 2008

Intro

I was watching Rome is Burning the other day and two thoughts crossed my mind: 1) for being such a great radio personality, Jim Rome sucks at TV, and 2) Jim Rome probably has one of the best jobs in the world.

Honestly, the dude makes cash money interviewing athletes and opining on the current happenings of the sports world. Aside from actually being one of the athletes he is interviewing, I can't think of a better occupation. Do the talking heads of sports seriously get paid to debate who would win between the '85 Bears and '07 Patriots? Or whether the Celtics would have won all those titles if they had had Chamberlain instead of Russell?

There is no definitive answer to these questions, but I love to argue about them all the same. For whatever reason, I'm passionate about this stuff. I don't have a degree in media relations or broadcasting and I'll never be a retired professional athlete or a gorgeous, articulate sideline reporter. I'm just your average Joe who played sports in high school and now works for "the man." For these reasons, my opinions will forever remain in sports bars, on message boards, and the occassional dial-in to the local ESPN affiliate radio station.

That's why I'm adding a blog to the mix. I'm not sure if anyone will read it, and it feels a bit awkward typing into the cyber abyss as if I'm having a conversation with a human being. I don't even know what this is going to look like, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. For now, I'll post a few topics each week that can be commented upon, and see where it goes.

Enjoy...

No comments: